Pages

Sunday 18 January 2015

The sunshine before the snow!

Here are a couple of projects that I have created in 2015

I treated myself to Sue Wilson's Butterfly dies last week from Sunrise Crafts. They are quite local to me but I decided to order online this time and I got them next day with free p and p which can't be bad. By the way they have 10% off Sue Wilson Dies at the moment.
Anyway I used centura pearl for the card base and stencilled the leaves and flowers using the left behind card from diecutting Sue Wilson leaves and flowers. I coloured with Seedless preserve and peeled paint distress inks with a touch of freyed burlap to add a bit of shading. I added a bit of shadow using a grey polychromos pencil. For the butterfly I coloured some of the card with the same DI and cut out the die, pretty isn't it? Just finished the edges with doodled lines. Words from a JOFY stamp set.



Now the canvas. I coloured it  by mixing some acrylic paints. Stenciled the swirls using a Clarity stencil with broken china and tea die DI. Used gilding flakes around the edges. Layered on some flowers which I had stamped and gold embossed on parchment. Added Sue Wilson leaf diecut from card coloured with the same DI,a punched butterfly and words cut on my Slice.


Oh dear just looked up and it's snowing, was lovely sunshine when I started this post. Hope it doesn't stick!
Have a good week
Thanks for looking
Pat xx

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous card and canvas Pat, fabulous detail and design, love the dies too.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are greatly appreciated. x